This release fixes found bugs. There are quite a lot fixes, the most important in my opinion are:
- more cocoa fixes (Fix for modal menus not making clicks (35929), notifying the tablelist about number of items changing (35957), NSView resource leak when using TCustomControl (35944)
- dpi fixes for Windows (35971)
- improvements for tray icons on GTK2 (35983, 35723)
- fix issue with TRadioGroup and TCheckGroup after minimizing & restoring form on Qt,Qt5 (36195)
- fixed clearing “Additions and Overrides” settings after renaming a build mode (35572)
- TAChart Fix divide-by-zero error in TFitSeries and chart distance tools crashing when series contains a NaN value
- fix horizontal scrollbar bug in TStringGrid/TDrawGrid after form maximize (35472)
- fix TTaskDialog.ModalResult if closebutton (in CommonButtons) is clicked (36069)
- fix crash in TStringGrid.InsertRowWithValues is Columns.Enabled is True (36067)
- fix TDbgrid wrong width of first column if FixedCells>1 and dgIndicator is turned off (35716)
Release SVN tag is: https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_2_0_6
- Windows (32 or 64bit) – 2k, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10,
FreeBSD/Linux (32 or 64bit):
- gtk2 – gtk 2.8
- qt – qt 4.5
- qt5 – qt 5.6
MacOS X (10.5 to 10.12):
- Carbon (32bit)
- Cocoa (64bit, beta)
- qt or qt5 (32 or 64bit)
You can download this release here.
Linux OpenGL bug
Since the release is based on fpc 3.0.4, when working with 3D graphics for linux (OpenGL, Castle Game Engine) it is better to use fpc 3.2 as I wrote here.
For the first time, an installer has been released that should run on the latest Apple system. However, some users still report problems. You can read more about this in the comments under the release announcement.
More details on the Lazarus update via release announcement.