I’m a very strange man who wants to storage all his data on own hardware. But currently most of projects management software are online services. I like to use internet as a communication tool but never want to give all my plans away from my disk. Maybe I’m just old, maybe I’m paranoid 🙂 Because I don’t found a satisfactory solution. I start working on my own.
The main assumptions for me was:
- Agile project management – I like kanban/scrum boards
- Full changes history – some time I need to check when and why I make some decisions
- Statistics – stats give me a lot of motivation to work (harder!)
- Easy search – I can quickly change some story state
- No servers, services – when I search solution I found a lot of projects that I can install on my own system. But I need to install apache, mysql, php or sometimes tomcat. That makes my computer slower and discharge it battery faster. Many times configuration was painful and I need to take care of security (firewall, update services) and backups (I really don’t like make mysql dumps).
- Save project to file – I like save project documentation in my mercurial/git repository, that makes a nice feature. When you checkout older project sources you see the same state of project documentation and all what you were working at that time.
- Native app – I don’t like apps that need for example 1GB of RAM to work. Mostly apps that I use during my work time. So it should be native app.
- Modern design – I like when things look good, that inspire me and help me to do better apps.
- Easy backup – by adding project file to sources repository
- Simplicity – Should be easy to use and ready to work after installation
Current version is first step. Please test it and give me feedback. Maybe you need more story types, or something else? If you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact me on email.Download